I don’t have the time or energy to make a useful or thoughtful post, so have a bunch of interesting posts by other people instead
- Topical NSAIDs—I’d never even heard of topical NSAIDs until the other day, so I was very interested to read an expert opinion about them. It sounds like they have the potential to be very useful in some cases, so if you’ve got pain issues, this is worth reading.
- Woman brings measles home from London—::headdesk:: I know, it’s a crazy idea, but if you’re not vaccinated and you leave the country, you’re taking an even bigger risk of GETTING SICK. And then bringing it back and swanning around DC and possibly infecting my friends and neighbors. Not that I’m bitter or anything.
- Inverted nipples: What to do?—Rubber bands to treat inverted nipples and allow breastfeeding. Seriously. I love reading NCBI ROFL, because you never know what they’ll turn up.
- Can infants recognize melodies heard in the womb?—Eh, I’m not particularly persuaded by this, but it’s an interesting idea. But does a slowing heart rate really signal recognition? Maybe. I doubt it hurts your child if you sing or play music while they’re in the womb, so knock yourself out.
- Chocolate: The newest health food—I’m always happy to see more research praising chocolate😉 And the study discussed by this blogger explains why chocolate raises good cholesterol and lowers bad cholesterol. (Well, chocolate, red wine, grapes, and soy, of course!)